Skip to main content

First Day of Ramadan

As per our tradition, first day of Ramadan is always spent with my family from my dad's side. For the first day, I decided to make this special Ramadan sweet called 'Qatayef' since it is everyone's favorite dessert. I placed it in a round plate and made it look like a flower . Doing this made me realize when I stay active during fasting hours, I don't feel tired and exhausted like I usually do when I sit all day. I was glad to see all my family members enjoy the dessert I made.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnout Week

This week, we decided to talk about Burnout, an important topic that many of us are unaware of. Burnout is a state of emotional and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. I designed a post about Burnout symptoms. These symptoms include fatigue, irritation, isolation, apathy and distraction. Before today, I didn't know Burnout was such a thing. After researching about it, I understood the feeling of tiredness and emotion exhaustion that comes from stress is known as 'Burnout'. This topic really needs to be brought up because I know how a lot of people might be going through this without them knowing. This will make people more aware of what they might be going through.

Iftar Boxes

Me and my friends decided to buy Iftar boxes and send them out to families in need. One of the girls contributed by going to Lulu Supermarket and buying the Iftar boxes. We then decided to send them to a charity that gives them out to the families and people in need. Contributing to this taught me that helping out people in need adds so much to one's self. Knowing I helped people makes me feel happy on the inside. I'm sure these boxes will have a huge impact on families who can't afford these products.